In keeping with the all-encompassing quality of universal Shamanism, an openness to expressions of spirituality of all kinds is honoured. Therefore I will do my best to create a ritual suited to you and your particular beliefs, religious or otherwise.
If you want to learn to develop your very own distance healing ritual, I can offer resources and guidence. (for an example of one of mine, please see below)
More vital than even the psychic garnish provided by objetcs, symbols or systems of prayer however, is the presence of heart-based intention towards a positive healing transformation for the intended recipients or recipients. (healee or healees)
The awareness and cultivation of loving intention that we can emanate through our hearts is the not only the ultimate source of individual and collective healing power upon this planet, but it is the energetic basis of all creation. The ability to channel and use such power to create wellbeing in the world is limited not by time, space or the amount of energy available, but only by our imagination.
An additional benefit of conducting any healing practice for others is that it heightens your sense of self-awarness and personal power. Continued in the long run, it can bring a deep sense of wellbeing and fullfillment to your life. Such healing energy, when shared with loving-kindness, is a concious force which always expands into something much greater than the sum of its individual contribution. For this reason, it frequently returns happiness and prosperity to you in powerful and unexpected ways.
No one is an island, so no healing process happens alone. Heal and the whole world heals with you!
Creating Your Own Ritual
What follows is an example of a distance healing ritual to help illustrate a few of the basic processes as I have discovered and adapted them for my own healing practices.
If you are interested in creating your own, you should draw upon your own unique set of creative insights, symbolism, techniques, tools and traditions in a way that is both meaningful and practical for you.
Set up your altar with a few basic symbolic offerings to your healing deity/s. Personally I like to keep my altar quite basic: an image of a healing deity upon which to focus, an item of food, a small bowl of water, a stick of incense, a candle, and a singing bowl.
Central to my altar, I also place a programmed quartz crystal and a picture of the recipient of the healing energy (in the absence of a picture, a name and date of birth on a piece of paper will also do)
1. Clear your energy field, ground and white light yourself.
2. Connect with the energetic awareness offered by your deity on behalf of both yourself and your intended healee, by both supplicating and paying homage.
"We express our humble thanks to you [deity] for the chance to receive the blessings of your healing awareness in this life .” (x3)
3. Visualize your healing intent in the form of an image of the healee being infused with healing energy from your heart.
4. Mentally project various offerings to the visualized image of your healing deity.
5. Perform an invocation prayer and/or meditative visualistion to connect more deeply with the energetic awareness of your deity. Be sure to include the healing recipient’s name during the invocation / visualization process.
e.g. “I call upon the energy and wisdom of [insert healing deity here] on behalf of [recipient’s name] that he/she may be liberated from suffering and the causes of all suffering.” (x3)
6. Recite a prayer or mantra to accumulate healing energy, (a drum can also be used to increase the intensity of the accumulation) all the while visualizing rays of light emanating from your heart and outstretched hands (in open healing mudra) entering the recipients body through their heart.
7. See those rays of pure white healing light radiating outwards from the recipient’s heart to illuminate their entire body then energy field, until it ultimately forms a large protective bubble of light around the recipient.
8. If you are already aware of the recipient’s condition, then direct more concentrated balls of white-lighted healing energy at trouble spots. As you leave one area for the next, visualize an extra bright bubble of light remaining to protect the area from reoccurring negative energy. Return and direct energetic awareness at such areas as often and for as long as you feel necessary.
9. Visualise a dissolving of the boundaries of time and space in which the healee can now connect with awareness of themselves in a completely healed potential. For example, if the person has leg injuries project imagery of them actively using their legs by running and jumping, or if they have undergone psychological trauma you can visualize them in a relaxed, happy and socially functional capacity doing something that brings them great joy. Use your creativity and imagination to explore and project this potential on their behalf. While you are doing this, deepen the heart-based feeling that full recovery has been achieved and is currently benefiting the recipient.
10. Share a deep sense joy at the realization of this achievement and once again offer humble gratitude to your healing deity for their guidance and healing energy. (as in step 3)
11. Conclude the distance healing session by once more infusing and surrounding the recipient with another large sphere of glowing white healing energy. Call upon a deity to watch over the healee and keep them safe from harmful energetic influences.
12. “I [your name] call upon [insert deity here] to protect [recipient] from all negative energetic influences which may be harmful to (his/her) future health and prosperity. May [recipients name] only receive energy in healthy ways; from Earth, air and divine intelligence.” (X 3)
13. Recite a protective mantra.
14. Detach your energetic awareness from that of the recipient by crossing your left and right hands over your heart in front of you in a scissoring motion to cut the energetic connection.
15. Seal your energy field.
Other meaningful objects that can connect you with the person can be useful too such as a small gift they may have given you, or a square of cloth from an item of their clothing (unwashed) or a strand of hair, fingernails, a sample of their writing or a recording of their voice, can be effective too.
For additional insight and focus of healing energies its possible to use a divination method such as the “Medical I-Ching,” in conjunction with the healing ritual. Using the I-Ching can give you a more holistic sense of the broader genetic, karmic, environmental and, cosmic patterns which are influencing the patients’ health.
(Step 8) For extra healing oomph, I visualize the balls as green; symbolic of the protective feminine earth energies of the Tibetan Buddhist Deity Green Tara)
Energy healing is complementary healing modality with a particular emphasis on preventative medicine. The appearance of damage in the energetic body may occur before any substantial damage has appeared in the actual physical form, so it is possible to notify the recipient to get the area examined by a regular doctor and to take medication or make the necessary lifestyle changes to ensure that the energetic disharmony doesn’t eventually manifest as a more serious full blown physical ailment.)
More advanced practitioners can also do a diagnostic sweep of the healee's energy body and intuitively to try and sense additional signs of trouble which may be related to their recognized condition or other conditions as yet unknown. These may appear in the form of holes or tears in the energy fields, lodged thought forms (either as indistinct energetic densities or symbols, or shapes) blockages in the meridians or energy cords attached to the chakras. Certain areas may announce their unhealthy state by drawing your attention to them. (such as a chakra or a particular organ like a weak kidney resonating a distressed energetic signature.) Its important to make a mental note of such announcements.
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.